The Metadata Catalog (MDC) was designed to be a resource for curation of data elements and study documentation for past and
current studies of sickle cell disease populations. The CureSCi MDC provides a web-based public tool to help investigators
answer the following questions when designing a new study or when doing a secondary data analysis:
- What data elements were collected by the studies?
- Which data elements are common among studies?
- Are the common data comparable for cross-study analyses?
- What are the number of subjects for selected data elements? (a future development)
The MDC has dozens of searchable fields for study-level metadata (e.g., study design, inclusion/exclusion criteria, outcomes) and
several tools to enable users to:
- Browse individual studies.
- Browse multiple studies by data element.
- Search study metadata by keyword.
- Search data elements by concept.
Viewing the MDC is critical before initiating a request to the controlled SCD data repository.