1. Age 18 years up to and including 45 years
2. English speaking
3. Confirmed SCD diagnoses . Confirmed is defined as supported by documentation in the medical record of a positive test for one of the following : Hb SS, Hb SC, Hb S -thalassemia, Hb SO, Hb SD, Hb SG, Hb SE, or Hb SF.
4. Access to a cellular/mobile smart phone with access to text messaging (either Android or iPhone acceptable)
5. At least one Vaso-Occlusive Episode (VOE) visit to participating site Emergency Department (ED) the past 90 days from enrollment
6. At least one visit at the study site sickle cell disease clinic within the past 12 months
7. Willing and cognitively able to give informed consent
8. Provides pain treatment in one of the participating study Emergency Departments for a patient participant with a qualified ED visit .